Monday 9 November 2015

Richard Ward Chelsea Collection Keratin Sleek Shampoo and Conditioner Review


The Hype
Richard Ward, award winning celebrity hairdresser believes there is nothing better than salon-beautiful hair. If you can't get to his exclusive salon in Chelsea the Chelsea collection is designed to bring the glamour into your boudoir. Comprised of a shampoo and conditioner the products include the hero ingredient Keratin, a natural protein found in hair to keep hair looking healthy and beautiful. Keratin works by binding and interacting with the hairs natural fibres to rejuvenate it and add lustre and shine.

The Lowdown
I've tried a few shampoo and conditioners with Keratin in but so far I haven't been too impressed. Keratin Sleek Shampoo and conditioner are specifically designed to help smooth and defrizz hair to leave it glossy and hydrated. It contains lychee and strigosa seed extract which I've not seen in a hair product before and it's designed to lock your colour in. Recently i've found my hair has been damaged by my old straighteners (boo) so it doesn't look as refined as I'd hope. I'm interested to see if this little collection will be my saviour.

The shampoo needs hair to be soaked through for a full lather and doesn't lather so well on damp hair. The conditioner applied smoothly and coated the lengths of my hair with ease. Both products had quite a pleasant salon like smell, although it was quite faint except when activated (when applying or washing out). After washing I applied Wonder 10 Effect Leave in treatment so the conditions would be the same when contrasting with the shampoo/conditioner I usually use. My hair was left feeling quite soft and it did seem more shiny on the top of my hair but I didn't feel the overall finish was any different to my usual products.

The Richard Ward Chelsea Collection is reasonably priced but for how it performs you could get similar results and save yourself a few pennies with other products on the market.

I give it 2/5

Get the conditioner for £5.99 here

Get the shampoo for £5.99 here 

Advantages

  • Leaves hair feeling soft
  • Gives the top of your hair a bit of extra shine
  • Reasonably priced

Disadvantages

  • I was expecting the length of my hair to be more glossy then the actual result
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig