Sunday 25 January 2015

Declutter your makeup bag for 2015

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias

With 2015 now in full swing and 2014 but a distant memory I felt it was the perfect time to declutter and refresh my beauty routine. #Collectivebias were keen to lend a hand and gave me the opportunity to share with you all the importance of decluttering your makeup bag on a regular basis.

Old makeup often harbours a lot of germs naked to the human eye. These nasties increase the chance of upsetting your natural skin makeup causing spots or skin irritation.It's important to only keep products for the specified shelf life on the product which can vary from 3 months for mascara up to 2 years for powder products.

When SoFab gave me the chance to refresh my makeup bag and routine I jumped at the chance. It's easy to get stuck in a rut with the same old routine, but with a brand new year in action it's a fantastic opportunity to try something new. To embrace the new season Boots had many new products on offer and I was keen to pick up something new and exciting. Whilst I wanted to pick up some new items to refresh my makeup bag I wanted to remain true to my personality and create a style that was eye catching but still quite natural.

Hot for Spring/Summer 2015 is the classic red nails and red lipstick look. To get this chic and simple look I teamed up a matte red lipstick with a red nail varnish that is virtually identical in shade. The L'Oreal counter had a great range that were perfect to create this look. I used a red lip liner to get a perfect line around the lips that will help keep the lipstick in place and stop any bleeding.
The nails and lips are very bright and certainly the main focus of this iconic look. Whilst the designers on the catwalk kept everything very simple I was keen to add my own touch with long luscious lashes and a subtle gold eyeshadow. The brand new Maybelline Sensational lashes mascara was perfect for creating lash length and definition and the Revlon gold eyeshadow added a subtle glow. I used Maybelline BB cream as a base and layered Lancome Touche Miracle on top for a dewy finish. Once the foundation had set I used a rosy pink powder blusher to get a just flushed look.

By focusing on two features I managed to create a stunning new look that is eye-catching yet so simple and easy to recreate. Perfect for a date night or wearing to work, the look can be dressed up or down to suit the occasion.

I hope you all enjoyed the post and have fun creating your new look!
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig