Thursday 3 August 2017

Confession - I was a Tarte virgin - until now!

my first tarte haul

I have to admit until now I've been a total Tarte virgin! I tend to normally only buy high street brands - and occasionally the odd Benefit or Lancome purchase so it was exciting to dip my fingers into the world of higher end makeup. The site does make you think it's British as you shop in GBP but unfortunately they're still based in the US and don't have a UK base. It took around two weeks to come (painstaking) but it was definitely worth it, here's an insight into what I got.

tarte glam goodies discovery set

Tarte Glam Goodies Discovery Set
I loved the look of this set as it had a eyeshadow palette, mini mascara and liquid lipstick for only £20! Obviously I've never tried any of Tarte's products before so this is a really great way to try them without spending too much. I really like the look of the eyeshadows too.
Get it for £20 at Tarte (currently sold out)

tarte leave your mark eyeshadow palette

Tarte Leave Your Mark eyeshadow palette
This cute palette has the most amazing package design - I love the gold kisses. Inside it has a mirror and 8 fairly neutral shimmer and matte shades. The palette has more shimmery shades than matte which is perfect for me as I do love to add a bit of glam to my makeup. The palette will be perfect for work and can even be worn on nights out if glammed up with false lashes and bold lips.
Get it for £26 at Tarte

tarte shape tape concealer

Tarte Shape Tape concealer
My friends have been talking about this for ages and embarrassingly I wasn't sure what it was until now. Shape Tape did make me think of some sort of slimming device! The concealer is available in 15 shades so it is actually quite difficult to know what shade is right for you, especially as you can't exactly test it.I decided to risk it (I hope this wasn't a bad decision!) and went for Fair Neutral which is designed to suit pink and yellow undertones. Fingers crossed it won't be too light.
Get if for £19 at Tarte


tarte grav3yard girl creamy matte lip cream swamp family

Grav3yardgirl Tarteist creamy matte lip paint in Swamp Family
Grav3yardgirl is  one of the few Youtubers that really cracks me up. She is so matter of fact about things it's really funny. I didn't know she had a makeup range until I stumbled upon it on the Tarte website. The lipstick was on sale for £10 so I thought it was a real bargain. Swamp Family is a really pretty red shade that had some really great reviews. Looking forward to trying it!
Get it for £10 at Tarte

tarte gleam team highlighter

Tarte Gleam Team highlighter
A really pretty double sided gold highlighter with a cream and liquid highlight. It's got really cute sparkly packaging and looked amazing in other people's reviews. I'm really excited to try it out.
Get it for £23 at Tarte

Have you tried any of Tarte's products before? Let me know in the comments below!


SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig