Thursday 29 June 2017

Sleek Distorted Dreams collection Matte Me Metallic lip creams review

sleek distorted dreams matte me metallic lip creams

What the brand says
Sleek's original matte lip creams have become a staple in all makeup bags - and they have now been revamped into three metallic on trend shades. The new lip creams have a foil like finish so you can really get your glow on fleek.

The Lowdown
The new lip creams from the Distorted Dreams collection have arrived on shelves just in time to embrace this season's metallic trend.

sleek distorted dreams matte me metallic lip creams swatch

Available in three shades Roman Copper, Rusted Rose and Volcanic the shades have a soft creamy consistency. Volcanic and Rusted Rose are very  similar although Volcanic is more iridescent.

When swatched I found the formula was really quite light and patchy and it took many applications to get a full block of colour.

After applying the lip creams I felt the effect was quite subtle and it wasn't obvious I was wearing any lip product. The formula feels really light and they're quite comfortable to wear. All of the shades have a soft metallic matte finish, although the colour showed up a lot more on my bottom lip then the top.The lip creams don't last very long at all and in less than an hour pretty much all of the colour had disappeared.

sleek distorted dreams matte me metallic lip creams volcanic

sleek distorted dreams matte me metallic lip creams rusted rose

sleek distorted dreams matte me metallic lip creams roman copper

Unfortunately I'm not a massive fan of Sleek's latest new lip creams. The colours look lovely in the packaging, but they are so soft and light the colour doesn't transfer very well. When I was wearing the lip creams it didn't really look like I was wearing anything which isn't the effect I really go for.

wearing sleek matte me metallic lip creams

I give them 1/5

Get Roman Copper, Rusted Rose and Volcanic for £4.99 at Superdrug,

Advantages

  • Great for the metallic trend
  • Light formula so they don't feel heavy on the lips

Disadvantages

  • The lip creams don't last very long
  • The colour transfer is quite poor 
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig