Friday 19 August 2011

Blog Interview with the Editor of Fabulicious!





Some of you may be new to Blog interviews - a way of linking blogs up and sharing useful tips and insight. My first blog interview is with Sarah Berryman, the editor of I Am Fabulicious a fun, beauty blogging website that really describes the epitome of beauty. Log on now to find amazing beauty competitions, useful tips and well constructed reviews.

  1. Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?


Im a 26 years old, married, living in Essex and working in Media in London. I have a 3 year old cocker spaniel called Dexter and I love make up, celebrity gossip and sweets!


2, Your site is an inspiration to budding blog writers, how did you get to where you are today?

Through hard work and determination. I started my blog a long time ago but didn’t put any love into it. I knew I wanted to write but thought ‘whose going to read this’, so I started writing for an online magazine. Sadly that didn’t work out so at the end of May I went back to my Blog and decided to make it something special and something to be proud of.

I spend literally all of my spare time working on my blog, be it attending product launches, press days, or researching, writing, testing and photographing products. Blogging is a full time job in itself sometimes!
3. What inspired you to write your blog?

My love and passion for writing and my love and passion for beauty!
4. What tips could you give other blog writers as to how they could get their blogs up in the ranks and gain more visitors/comments etc?

Your blog  shouldn’t be about gaining more visitors and comments. If anyone reads your blog you should feel lucky and proud as with the thousands of other blogs out there its no mean feat!

Just make sure you spend time on your blog- create interesting, engaging and original content. Do your research- see what people are interested in reading about.


5. what do you do when you're not working on your blog?

Eat and sleep! No seriously, I love spending time at home ( im a real homebody) seeing my family and relaxing with a good film.

6. How would you describe your blogging style?

As intelligent, creative, honest and informative.

7. I see you have a lot of product reviews on your site, did you get companies to send you samples and if so how did you gain the respect and appreciation of companies to send you products?
The majority of the products I review I have paid for out of my hard earned cash!

Occasionally a PR company will contact me and ask if I am interested in reviewing an item, or I may see an item that I think is fab and will contact them for a press release and to get more info.


8. What networking do you do that you feel helps your blogging business?

Cover as many social networking platforms as you can- Twitter, Facebook, Blogger, You tube.
9.. What was the most challenging moment in your blog content development process and why?

Getting to grips with technology! Im a huge technophobe so trying to get used to the mechanics of how to blog was the most challenging.

10. A lot of people are interested in blogging for the money earning potential. What are some tips for people interesting in making money from blogging? What are some realistic expectations in regards to what can be made?
I have literally no idea- I blog because I love it, not to make money

11. What’s your take on sponsored reviews?

I don’t have an opinion either way. Each to her own.

12. How do you keep coming up with material/content for your blog? Many people struggle with coming up with different articles/posts and they only have one blog.

Im never stuck with ideas- there are always new, interesting and exciting products out there. There is always exciting celebrity beauty news, nothing stands still and I find myself daily wanting to write at least 10 different posts! 










SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig