Monday 18 July 2011

Butts bees honey lip balm

I was lucky enough to be sent this burts bees foot and hand set as a result of a competition and my first item to be reviewed is the honey lip balm.

My first impressions are good ones; burts has a good reputation for a leading beauty range.

The lip balm I hate to say has a really off-putting, strong smell which perhaps could have been toned down a bit. However the product applies well and leaves your lips feeling really smooth and not at all sticky which is the effect of many lipbalms.

The ingredients are all natural with items like beeswax, Rosemary and soybean listed on the ingredient list.

Priced at around £2-£3 the product is quite pricey for a lip balm but you do get a very natural product and effect.

Overall this is a decent product but has been really let down on it's smell. I'd give it 2.5/5.

Advantages
All natural ingredients
Easy to carry around with you
Has a good reputation

Disadvantages
Has a really strong off-putting smell
Pricey for what it is considering you can buy lip balms for a lot cheaper




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Alamein Ave,,United Kingdom

SHARE:

2 comments

thursday said...

ooooooooh i love the smell of burts bees stuff especially the body oil my sister has it and i used it when i stayed at her house...i was entering loads of competitions the other month for burs bees stuff///never won any tho....:-((

kathcake said...

hey Thursday, thanks for joining my blog! where did you find it may i ask?

I got sent that burts bee pack because I applied to be one of their testers, didnt get picked but they sent me that. Nice of them ! x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig