Wednesday 26 February 2014

The Brand New Mascara Revolution: Max Factor Excess Volume Extra Impact Mascara Tried and Tested


It's been on my to grab list since I first read an exclusive review back in December 2013. So what is it? Only the hottest mascara product of 2014 - Max Factor Excess Volume Extra Impact mascara.

The mascara uses a unique formula that helps to really boost and volumise lashes. With one end designed to volumise lashes and the other end to add a shiny lash holding lacquer, the product is designed to last.

On applying the Volume section I was surprised at how thick and lengthened my lashes were almost as soon as I started to apply the product. I applied several layers to both top and bottom lashes, and it's recommended to apply whilst the mascara is still wet. I did find the first mascara made my lashes really sticky and they seemed to stick together and clump a bit. After the volume mascara I added the unique lacquer to add a intense black colour and seal the volume in. Despite applying several layers I don't feel it really made any difference to my lashes and they looked the same as when I applied the first mascara.

The one big downside to this product is its difficulty to remove. The ingredients used really make the mascara 'stick' and you have to rub a lot to get this product off at night. At £12.99 this is one of Max Factor's more expensive products and with its difficulty to remove it does let the product down.

I give it 3/5.

Get yours at Boots

Advantages
  • Gave instant volume to my lashes as soon as I applied
  • Unique formula that makes your mascara last all day and night
  • Clumps lashes slightly
Disadvantages
  • At £12.99 the mascara is quite expensive for what it's got to offer
  • Very hard to remove
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig