Friday 10 June 2016

Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Blusher in Rosewater Review

Laura geller baked gelato blusher in Rosewater review

What the brand says
Laura Geller Baked Gelato swirl is a cream to powder blusher that helps you to wear bright colours by using a translucentt base. Guaranteed to leave skin looking fresh and healthy.

The Lowdown
When I first saw this I actually thought it was a highlighter. I was a little confused by the description which claims the blusher to be a frozen Baked Gelato treat as clearly this has no relation to ice cream. I would say though the swirl design does remind me of the ripples you can get in fresh ice cream. Rosewater is a really bright vivacious pink that has flecks of glitter running through it. On first impressions I would've said it was a powder blusher as it had that kind of solid consistency. The packaging is fun and flirty with cute lipstick kisses inside.

The blusher does feel a little 'dry' and is quite hard to blend into the skin. When I had finished applying the blusher I had quite a natural glow that wasn't too intense. Whilst it does look really pigmented in the pan, this intensity doesn't transfer over to the application.

Laura Geller Gelato blusher is great if you want something that looks quite natural. As it's a little hard to apply it's not great if you want to apply your makeup quick and get out the door.

I give it 3/5

Get it for £21 at House of Fraser
before and after laura geller baked gelato blusher in rosewater

Advantages

  • Gives a natural look

Disadvantages

  • Feels a bit dry
  • Hard to blend into the skin easily
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig