Friday 23 September 2016

Rimmel Fresher Skin Foundation review

rimmel fresher skin foundation review

What the brand says
Get your skin looking and feeling fresh with Rimmel's brand new Fresher Skin foundation. Enriched with SPF 15 the foundation is designed with a light, breathable formula for a natural finish. It claims not to clog pores and leaves skin shine free.

There are currently 6 shades available in the range.

The Lowdown
rimmel fresh skin light porcelain foundation reviewI didn't really need a new foundation but when I saw Rimmel had a new one out I had to try it. It was part of a 2 for £10 offer in Superdrug so I got a bit extra value for my money.

When I first swatched the foundation I was surprised by how high a water content it had. The consistency of the foundation is very watery but at the same time it doesn't slide all over the place like you might expect. I also love the smell which is really fresh and fruity.

The foundation felt very light on my skin and was able to cover some of my blemishes, although not completely. As it's not full coverage you will still need to use concealer if you need it. As the consistency is so wet it does take a little time to work into your skin but once it's blended you do get good coverage. It did leave a few obvious foundation  marks that needed to be buffed in more the normal but it doesn't take too long. With a good primer it does stay on pretty much most of the day but you would still need to touch it up to get perfect coverage.

Overall a really nice foundation that feels great on the skin, isn't heavy and goes some way in covering your blemishes. I love the fresh dewy look it gives my skin.

I give it 4/5

Grab yours for £5.99 at Boots
before and after rimmel fresher skin foundation

Advantages

  • Feels really light on the skin
  • Gives medium coverage
  • Lasts most of the day with a good primer
  • Smells great
  • SPF of 15

Disadvantages

  • The high water content makes it a little harder to blend in 
  • After applying you get small tide marks that you need to buff in more than usual


SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig