Sunday 29 January 2012

Benefit They're Real Mascara



94% saw dramatic length and volume

90% saw base-to-tip curl

94% saw visible lift

100% saw long-wearing results


Benefit have just launched their brand new mascara They're Real. A consumer panel survey run by them boasted the most impressive results with a amazing 100% claiming to have seen long wearing results. With such rave reviews hysteria was generated - but does it live up to its claims?

My interest in this mascara was established when I saw a picture of the results the mascara had on lashes with a before and after photo - and the result was amazing. If you've read my review on Bad Gal lash mascara, I wasn't too impressed so I was really hoping for results this time.

The mascara comes in a pretty small silver tube with pretty plain packaging. Another surprise for Benefit who are famed for their quirky designs, so perhaps the product is what makes it this time around.

It has a plastic brush with a spiky bit on the end which gives it that added oomph. As the instructions required I waved the wand both horizantly to give my lashes volume and length then vertically to add curl which I emphasised by rolling the brush.

After applying I was pretty impressed with Benefit's They're Real mascara, my lashes were longer then when a traditional mascara was used and I managed to get a curl effect.

At £19.50 the product isn't cheap, but on this occasion I would say it was well worth it as it gives the best false lash effect I have had with any mascara. On the downside the product comes out quite quick so you will get slight clumping - but I can live with that.

I'd give it a 4/5.

                                                                 Before
                                                              After

Advantages
  • Lives up to its claim of They're Real!
  • My lashes were volumised, lengthened and curled
  • Best False Lash effect I  have ever got from a mascara
Disadvantages
  • Quite pricey if you're on a low budget
  • Tube is quite small so may not last forever
  • Minor clumping issues
SHARE:

1 comment

Unknown said...

Love this one! got it for xmas and im now a convert!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig