Friday 3 February 2012

Competitions are worth the effort!

A couple of years ago I had just left university and by the end of 2008 the economy market hit a massive landslide and we went into one of the biggest depressions since the 1920's.

It was a tough time and after facing rejection after rejection I decided to take up my brother's hobby - competition entry.

I did this as I couldn't believe how much he was winning for a start and thought maybe a few wins would generate a bit of cash. My first win was a cook book but from then on I was on a roll, winning dvds, albums, a £1000 makeover (with all the pics) hotel stays in London and more!

I submitted my story to Pick me Up and they printed it. Here's the story:


If you're a avid competition enter or you're just starting do post a comment, i'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

5 comments

Emma Lowe said...

i have just got into competitions myself, even my husband enters the odd one. i may not have won much, but i like winning little things, no matter how big or small the prize is, i enjoy seeing i have won.

Nicola Reynolds said...

I've been entering competitions regularly for the past 6 months, I've had some fab wins, mostly small stuff but the best wins were probably a Nintendo 3DS and a Nintendo DSi

Lynne O'Connor said...

Completely agree. I started entering competitions regularly last year and still can't believe some of the prizes I won including a family holiday to Italy, laptop and cash wins totalling over £1000.

Kim Carberry said...

I have started comping last year and thanks to comps we had an amazing christmas....Won loads of great pressies for the kids and supermarket vouchers which bought all the food....I also won a big BBQ which is in the cupboard awaiting some warmer weather...

mummy24 said...

i have entered competitions for a while now and won some great prizes that we wouldn't have been able to have otherwise. I have noticed it is getting a lot harder to win though recently.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig