Tuesday 28 February 2012

Steamcream Moisturiser - Keep your skin moisturised



Before I received it in a Carmine beauty box I had never heard of Steamcream (the beauty of Carmine). It did rouse my interest, coming in a bright orange small square box with just the words steam cream on. What is this curious product?

Inside was a circular round tin in a quirky leopard skin pattern. The leaflet that came with it explained all, listing the full amount of gorgeous skin loving nutrients inside:
  • Oatmeal Infusion - a proven anti inflammory that helps soothe and moisturise the skin
  • Orange Flowerwater - helps to improve elasticity
  • Almond oil - contains high levels of vitamin E which conditions the skin and keeps it plump
  • Lavender Oil - from Provence, contains Antiseptic components which can help heal and reduce inflamed and sore skin
  • Organic Jojoba Oil - helps produce an easily absorbed cream and is an excellent moisturiser and skin softener
  • Cocoa butter - seals in the essential oils and softens the skins surface
  • Steamcream -topped off with a fragrance created from a natural blend of pure essential oils selected for their toning, soothing and healing qualities.
Just from reading the enclosed leaflet I thought I'm in for a treat - or my skin was. However I'm always a bit wary of these products full of all these amazing skin reconditioning vitamins etc, you never really know if they're going to work. The moisturiser has a screw top lid that's easy enough to open once you've removed the plastic(!)

Inside is a milky white moisturiser that looks thick and inviting. The product has a very recognisable smell of lavender which I'm not a huge fan of but once I applied it the smell diseppeared. The cream sunk really well into my skin and didn't leave any excess product on the surface.

At the moment my skin is quite sore in places which some moisturisers can aggravate so I was a bit worried. However the next morning whilst the patches haven't gone over night they haven't been irritated either. I'm sure with long term use the moisturisers nutrient products will really start to show their dividends.

The tins come in a large number of patterns which you can collect and save to use as a jewellery holder, stamps, paperclips etc when the product is finished with.

Overall a decent moisturiser with no real disadvantages.

Advantages
  • Didn't irritate my skin
  • Is full to the brim with skin loving nutrients
  • You get a lot of moisturiser in the tin
  • Has a quirky design which you can store and collect
  • Can be used to store stuff when it's finished with - a forever product
 Disadvantages
  • If you don't like lavender you may have a problem 
SHARE:

2 comments

olivia280177 said...

This looks a fab product.

Emma Lowe said...

this cream sounds great and just what my hands could do with. i suffer with really bad dry skin and having trouble finding a cream which keeps my hands nice and soft. smart designs.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig