Wednesday 29 May 2013

VO5 Styling products review - Volumising and defining effects #Cbias

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client.

VO5, the UK's No.1 Styling brand, have a fantastic range of style products aimed at making hair look fabulous. Whether you want to give your flat hair a bit of volume or want that quiff to stay rock hard, VO5 have a product for you.

In conjunction with Collection Bias I found three fantastic VO5 products that worked well with my hair.

VO5 Tame and Shine Spray £3.89 from Boots aims to give a salon finish to dry hair.

                                                         before
My hair is typically pretty straight but can sometimes be quite dull or with a slight wave that straighteners can't remove.

The product is designed to be used on dry hair and used in combination with your straightening product.

The Tame and Shine product uses heat defence technology to transform your hair into sleek polished salon locks. After use there were no fly aways and  each cuticle was defined and glossy.

 The performance of VO5 Tame and Shine Spray was remarkably effective in transforming dull hair into a stunning waterfall of shiny, ultra straight hair. The product is easy to use, and can be used with any heat product avoiding expensive maintenance trips to the salon. For that reason I give it 5/5.


 Beach hair is seen as laid back and sexy but taking a dip in the sea in this weather isn't many people's idea of fun. VO5 have created Give Me Texture Dry Texturising spray to give your hair the sea treatment without so much as dipping your toe in the water.

Perfect for dry hair, the product which is £3.89 from Boots, has sea salt incorporated into the ingredients to help create authentic tousled waves.
                                                           Before


Keeping the can 30cm away from my head I sprayed the product liberally onto my  hair, making sure to catch both the top and under section. After applying I used my fingers to scrunch and tousle each lock to help create that laid back beach look.



Considering I sprayed the product onto straight hair I feel it's done very well to infuse volume and natural looking waves. I'd imagine if the product was sprayed onto just blow dried hair the tousled look would be increased. For its ability to transform straight hair into laid back beach goddess I give it 5/5



VO5 Plump it up £2.61 from Boots, is a volume spray designed to work with your hair to create volume when your hair lacks that natural oomph.


Used on wet hair I sprayed the product all over the roots, top and bottom, through my layers and along the lengths. After applying I blow dried my hair upside down to help work with the product to increase the volume created.

I felt the product worked to some extent but gave more of a messy look then the sleek polished look I was hoping for. Most of the volume was eliminated through straightening but I felt any volume in the roots should have been maintained.
                                                          After blow drying


The product is easy to use and has some volumising effect but it could've performed better. For that reason I give it 3/5.

VO5 have a massive range of products to offer, some offering similar effects to the products I reviewed and others working with different hair styles. You can find ranges available in Boots, Superdrug and all good Supermarkets.

To see more pictures of my shop go here
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig