Monday 4 January 2016

Tried and Tested Budget Makeup: Primark Ps...Semi Matte oil free foundation review


The Hype
There are many foundations on the market that it can be hard to choose what's most suitable for you. Whilst many believe expensive brands like Chanel are the best because of their brand status that is not always the case. Primark now have a full range of makeup in their Ps range including PS... Liquid foundation.

The foundation is specially formulated to give a natural finish with a semi matte appearance. The consistency is lightweight, with a non oily texture and a medium coverage.

The Lowdown
I've tried a fair few foundations including budget and big budget brands and often the lower priced versions can certainly give the more expensive brands a run for their money. The product has a moisturising finish which is great especially for the long harsh winter months.

It comes in three shades, light, medium and dark and is suitable for all skin types. As I'm very pale I of course went for the light shade. I do have a oily t zone so it was good to find that the foundation was oil free. I'll be honest I wasn't expecting a lot from this foundation, as it's often perceived that you pay for quality. I have to say I was very much proved wrong in this case! The foundation was a excellent colour match  and blended in really easily. It did give my skin a luminous glow but didn't accentuate the oilier t-zone area. As you can see from the before and after it also did a good job of covering the majority of the blemishes on my face.

At £2.50 this foundation is brilliant value and really works. It fulfills all of its promises and more. Highly recommended.

I give it 5/5

Currently available for £2.50 in all good Primark stores.

Advantages

  • Covers pretty much all blemishes
  • Brilliant value
  • Gives luminosity without highlighting oilier areas
  • Good colour match

Disadvantages

  • None


SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig