Tuesday 1 November 2016

Avon Ultra Colour lipstick in Toasted Rose review

avon ultra colour lipstick toasted rose review

What the brand says
Ultra Colour lipstick is a collection of 40 shades with two glorious finishes. Whether you want to go bold with a satin finish or add a bit of sparkle with a shimmery finish. There's a fantastic range of colours with something to suit everyone from bright pinks to dark browns. Every lipstick is infused with Vitamin E, Omega-3 oil and Shea butter so your lips can look and feel great.

The Lowdown
In my recent Avon haul I picked up Ultra Colour in Toasted Roast. I went for this one as it looked really pink in the brochure but it was a lot darker in real life. Whilst the lipstick appears matte on first impressions, a quick swatch showed that it had a creamy, shimmery formula. The colour is a dark raspberry and I like the shimmery effect it gives when the light reflects on it.

avon ultra colour toasted rose lipstick swatch review

When I applied the lipstick I was a little disappointed to see the shade get lost in the colour of my lips. This is definitely more of a nude lipstick and is probably best for when you don't want your makeup to look too heavy. It does give a glossy effect that feels quite comfortable on. I would say however there is a slight element of stickiness and it feels slightly heavy on. One of the best things is that the lipstick smells of Haribo - ah-mazing.

Unfortunately it doesn't last all that long and in a couple of hours it had all disappeared.

I give it 3/5

Advantages

  • Smells great
  • Feels comfortable on
  • Glossy finish

Disadvantages

  • Doesn't last very long
  • Slightly heavy effect
  • Little bit sticky
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig