Wednesday 18 January 2017

Max Factor Masterpiece eyeshadow palette Rose Nudes review


What the brand says
Max Factor's Masterpiece eyeshadow palettes are available in 3 versatile colour combinations. Each palette has eight perfectly paired shades to create a gorgeous glamorous eye look.

The palettes have been designed to give multi-dimensional texture with a mixture of both  matte, shimmer and sparkly shades.

Cappuccino Nudes has been designed for warm skin tones, Rose Nudes for cool skin tones and Golden Nudes for darker skintones.

The Lowdown
I love how pretty this palette is and some of the lighter shade are simply gorgeous. The palette has a combination of 3 matte and 4 shimmery shades.

With a mixture of 4 light and 4 dark shades you can go for a light day look or a more gothic evening look. The white (1) and light pink matte shades (3) are very hard to see and quite faint, whilst the light gold (2) and bronze (4) have a lovely shimmer. The darker shades pack a fair amount of pigment but they are very stark against the skin. The palette crumbles really easily and I did get a fair amount of fall out when I was applying it.

The look I chose was different to my normal shades and I opted for a darker smokey look. Here's how I created the look:
1. First I swept the light purple along the inner corner of my eye.
2. I added a bit of contrast to the look with the darker purple which I applied to the outer third of my eye.


Whilst the lighter purple was fine to work with I did find the darker purple was a little more tricky leaving bare patches on my lid which wasn't at all attractive. It took a fair amount of perseverance to get my lid fully covered with the darker shade. On the plus side the shades were fairly blendable.

I do like some of the lighter shimmery shades but I'm not so keen on the darker colours. The light matte shades were very hard to see whilst the darker shades had a fair amount of pigment.

I give it 2/5

Advantages

  • A mixture of matte and shimmery shades in light and darker colours for different looks
  • Blends easily

Disadvantages

  • The shades crumble really easily
  • A fair amount of fall out when applying.


SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig