Friday 13 January 2017

Sleek Diamonds In The Rough eyeshadow palette review

sleek diamonds in the rough the rockstar collection eyeshadow palette review

What the brand says
Make your eyes shine like a diamond with Sleek's new collection of diamond inspired hues. Perfect to add a bit of glamour to your look the palette contains 6 shades to make your eyes look brighter including rose gold, iridescent pink and champagne beige.

The Lowdown
I've seen this palette advertised for quite a few weeks now but every time I try to buy it it's been sold out. The palette has 6 different variations of my favourite eyeshadow colour gold, in both powder and cream formulas.

sleek diamonds in the rough the rockstar collection eyeshadow palette review

In the swatch the cream shade Solitaire and Radiant are pretty light in comparison to the powder shades. The powder shades have a lot of pigment and I'm loving Princess and Asscher.

sleek diamonds in the rough the rockstar collection eyeshadow palette swatch

For the look I went for I used Asscher,  Trillion and Marquise. Here's how to recreate my look:

1. First I blended Asscher onto the inner corner of my eye.
2. Asscher was followed by Trillion on the outer 3/4 of my eyelid and blended together
3. Finally I blended Marquise onto the outer third of my eyelid to give the look more depth.

I did think Asscher and Trillion are very similar despite Asscher looking darker in the palette. Each shade has quite a lot of pigment and blends beautifully. There was no fall out and they last all day without fading. I love how bright my eyes look after applying the eyeshadow. For even more intensity Sleek recommend you apply the cream eyeshadow over the top of the powder. I  haven't tried out the cream eyeshadows yet but I do think they will make a good highlighter. It also comes with a really handy mirror and double ended brush with both a sponge and brush applicator.

A lovely little palette full of my favourite shades with colours that look fabulous on. I give it 4/5

Get it for £7.99 at Boots

sleek diamonds in the rough the rockstar collection eyeshadow palette look

Advantages

  • Six different shades of gold so you can choose what you like the most
  • Cream eyeshadows can be used separately as a highlighter even on the cheeks or under the brows
  • Blends beautifully
  • Strong pigmentation 
  • No fall out
  • Lasts all day
  • Comes with a double ended brush that has the choice of either a sponge or brush applicator.
  • Handy mirror for application on the go

Disadvantages
  • None that I can see
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig