Thursday 2 March 2017

How to get rid of tags on Blogger

easy tutorial on how to remove tags from blogger

Unlike Wordpress, Blogger can be incredibly frustrating when it comes to removing tags from posts.

When I changed my blog template early this year I realised to my horror I had been adding pointless tags to my posts for around 7 years. I had no idea that these tags could not be searched through Google and they had literally no impact on the popularity of my posts. When I tried to search Google to find a way to remove these tags I realised it was not very simple at all and a lot of the tutorials were quite confusing. With my own experience in mind I wanted to give you a straight forward tutorial on how to remove tags from posts in blogger.

remove tags from blogger select all labels

1. Locate your tag
Click on all labels at the top of your screen next to the search box and locate the tag you want to remove.

remove tags from blogger select easy tutorial


2. Find your tag
After clicking on all labels I'm presented with every tag I've ever created. I can easily scroll through the list to find the tag I want to delete.

remove tags from blogger select easy tutorial

3. Select all the tags in the list to delete
Once you've found the tag you want to delete click the check box and then click on the tag icon.

remove tags from blogger select easy tutorial

4. Filter your tag
Finally find the identical tag in the list. This part is essential in order to delete the tag, if you click on the wrong tag it will add that tag to your post (very handy!). Once you've clicked on the identical tag in the list the tag will be removed completely (as long as it was the only post left with that tag).

  • Top tip - if you have more than one post with that tag you can delete it from multiple posts by checking every box that where that tag is mentioned.

Sadly there is no easy way to remove tags from Blogger and you can't just delete them all at once. I hope this simplified things for you a little bit, if you have any questions just shout.
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig