Wednesday 4 October 2017

Beauty trend : The Two tone lip

beauty trend: the two tone lip

I have so many lipsticks I find it hard to choose one I want to wear. Whether it's a bold red or a skin boosting pink I love them all and find it hard to narrow it down to one. So what could be better than a beauty trend where you can combine two of your favourite lipstick colours for a two toned look.

So how do you recreate one of the top trends of the season?

bliss fabulips sugar lip scrub

Exfoliate your lips
First you'll need to prep your pout with a lip exfoliator to get rid of any dead skin.  You'll want a smooth base to apply your colour to.
Try Bliss Fabulips Sugar lip scrub (£14 at Feelunique

smashbox always sharp clear lip liner

Stop colour bleed
Don't you hate it when your lipstick starts to seep outside your lip lines and looks well..messy. Use a clear lip liner to stop colour bleeding.
Try Smashbox Always Sharp clear lip liner (£16 at Smashbox

charlotte tilbury love bite

Apply your colour
Pick two contrasting colours (I chose red and pink) to create the two toned look.
Try Rimmel As You Want Victoria (get it for £6.02 on Amazon) and Charlotte Tilbury Love Bite (£24 at John Lewis
lipcote lipstick sealer
Seal the deal
Apply a lipstick sealer to make your colour last longer and avoid an unintended ombre effect. If you do want to ombre lips however head over to my ombre lip tutorial.
Try Lipcote lipstick sealer (£3.69 at Superdrug


SHARE:

1 comment

Grab Your Camera said...

Oh my gosh I've never heard of this trend before but HOW AMAZING IS IT?!? I'm totally getting on board with this! xx

Blogger Template Created by pipdig