Monday 18 April 2016

Glamour Spring Edit 2016 Review


glamour spring edit 2016

With the dawn of Spring comes the new Glamour Spring Beauty Box 2016. The new box which has items worth a whopping £79.65 has had items picked exclusively by Alessandra Steinherr. Us beauty enthusiasts don't pay full price however as the box is only £17.99 to buy.

glamour spring edit 2016 review

I haven't bought a beauty box for a while, mainly because they end up being a bit of waste of money as I never use half the items. The Glamour Spring Beauty box however had a few little gems including the MUA palette and the Illamasqua Precision eye liner. Even better there was a exclusive offer to get a free Kiko Milano Velvet Touch Creamy stick blush if I bought it when I did.
moroccanoil treatment
So what was inside?

Moroccanoil Treatment
For those with unruly hair this is one hero oil you won't want to be without. I'm always on the lookout for a oil that will give my hair extra shine and repair my split ends but I haven't quite found something that gives me that glossy mane. Lets hope this works!
rosie for autograph nuit parfum
Rosie for Autograph Nuit Parfum
The first perfume from supermodel Rosie Huntington-Whiteley has notes of rose and Jasmine. I had heard a lot about this perfume so I was expecting to love it. Unfortunately the rose notes are really strong and this is quite off putting.

bareminerals bareskin pure brightening serum foundation

Bareminerals Bareskin Pure Brightening Serum foundation
Designed to give an all day glow the Bareminerals Bareskin Pure Brightening serum hash the added skincare benefits of Lilac plant stem cells and Vitamin C. It's available in 20 shades however the sample I got came in Bare Natural 07. I briefly tried the sample which did appear too dark for my skin when swatched but once blended in it didn't look too bad. There was definitely a element of brightening too. If the shades not suitable for you you can get a free sample at any Bareminerals counter.

illamasqua precision ink eyeliner
Illamasqua Precision Ink Eyeliner
Get that perfect cat eye flick with the Illamasqua Precision ink eyeliner. This is one of the first eyeliners I have got in a while as I've been busy using Makeup Gallery eyeliner which is perfect for £1. This has a bendy felt tip so I'm not sure if it will be a little tricky to use.
murad exfoliating cleanser

Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser
Get the skin you've always dreamed of with the Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating cleanser. It has a 3-in-1 formula so it will keep your skin clean whilst hydrating and smoothing the skin. I'm only using one cleanser at the moment so it will be good to incorporate another product into my skincare regime.

malin&goetz vitamin e moisturiserMalin&Goetz Vitamin E Face moisturiser
The Malin&Goetz vitamin E face moisturiser has a intense dose of daily vitamins which makes it great for those with sensitive skin. The moisturiser is oil free which is great for my slightly oily skin and it can be used to prepare skin prior to applying makeup. It doesn't really have a scent and feels slightly sticky when moisturised in.

 MUA Luxe 10 Shade Palette
mua luxe 10 shade palette
The creme de la creme of the Glamour Spring Edit 2016 was the MUA Luxe palette. It came in 2 variations and I'm pretty sure I got the variation I wanted (although I can't quite remember). As you can see from the swatch there's only one matte shade and the rest are pretty pigmented. The matte shade is hardly visible at all and quite boring.
My favourite shade has to be the gold which  is 5 shades in from the left.
mua luxe 10 shade paradise palette swatch
So what do you think of the box? Do you think it's worth £17.99? As always I love to hear your comments!

Get yours now for £17.99 here and don't forget to enter KIKOGLAM to get your free blusher!


SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig