Thursday 28 April 2016

What's in my makeup bag?

What's in my makeup bag?

When it comes to makeup I do tend to wear the same sort of products every day. If i'm planning on going out for a date or dinner then I'll add a few little extras like false lashes and more exaggerated eyeliner. I typically like to go for a cute but statement look and here's what I use to achieve it.

Mascara
I love using mascara to accentuate my eyes as they look quite small without it. I tend to alternate two different mascaras at one time, at the moment I'm using L'Oreal False Lash Sculpt and Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama mascara.

Primer
Primer is great for giving a base to your foundation to help it last longer. I have a few primers and I've been using the new No7 Airbrush Away primer a lot recently. Check out my review here.

Foundation
At the moment I'm using Bourjois City Radiance as it gives a lovely fresh radiant glow. Foundation is great for covering up any blemishes and giving me a even skin tone. Check out my review of Bourjois latest foundation here.

Eyeliner
Whilst mascara makes my eyes more open, without eyeliner they still look quite bare. I use eyeliner most days for a bit of glamour. Makeup Gallery in Space Grey is my goto eyeliner at the moment. I tend to go for a simple cat eye on a daily basis.

Powder
Powder helps to fix my look and prevent my foundation running. I'm using Kiko Milano Radiance powder at the moment but I'm not sure if it's really working for me. I like to switch it up with Prot-ocol Colour Correct powder as it really helps to fix my makeup.

Concealer
I have pretty awful dark circles unfortunately so need to cover them up with concealer. I use Sheer Cover concealer a lot, although recently I have purchased Bourjois Radiance concealer.

Blusher
Blusher really adds life and colour to my cheeks and I absolutely couldn't live without it! I have lots of blushers and often chop and change. I like using ELF quad blusher as there's a number of shades from baby pink to red.

Highlighter
I'm using Charlotte Tilbury Bar of Gold and Makeup Revolution Hidden Lights a lot for highlighting. Both are very different, Bar of Gold is quite natural but very light, whilst Hidden Lights gives more of a intense glow. Check out my comparison of them in this video - luxury vs budget highlighter.

Eyeshadow
I couldn't show you my whole eyeshadow collection as I have so many. I'm loving Makeup Revolution palettes at the moment and adore Girls on Film as it has so many versatile shades.

Lipstick
My go to shades are Charlotte Tilbury Red Carpet Red and Love Bite at the moment. Red Carpet Red is quite matte (see review here) and Love Bite is more creamy (see the review here). As you all know red is my go to shade but I do like to try others like pinks and corals.

So this is my makeup bag at the moment. I'm always buying new products and trying new things as I get bored quickly, but I do have my favourites that I tend to keep buying. What's in your makeup bag?
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig