Monday 9 November 2009

Cottage pie for one

Who here likes cottage pie? I for one love it but my family can't stand beef mince so I always find when I make stuff that uses it like Spaghetti or Cottage pie I'm eating alone...

After a 11 month break due to work commitments and laziness I have prepared (and will be cooking later) my first Cottage pie since January. . It is a much awaited moment when I tuck into this baby!

However

It's quite frustrating to see the waste that you get when preparing it at home despite getting the teeniest mince you can buy and only using a few potatoes. How do the shops do it? I have to say it though nothing beats the taste of home made cottage pie, the shop versions come nowhere near the perfection you get through a bit of love and care.

It may take a long time to prepare (1hour and 15 minutes) but it is worth it. This time though I have learnt my lesson and used only two potatoes.. that along with 250g of beef mince should I hope create a meal for one..

What about you folks? Do you find cooking for one can be such a waste sometimes? Comments welcome!
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig