Monday 26 December 2011

Cosmetics A La Carte Brow Ink

I received this cute little product in one of my monthly Carmine beauty boxes. Its claim is to be a "semi-permanent" brow, eyeliner and body ink, a bit like a dye without the chemicals. I decided to test the product on my eyebrows as they are pretty thin and pale looking so a little extra colouring might make my eyes stand out more.

The shade I've received is a taupe colour which comes in a brown pencil with a handy lid so the product won't dry out. Inside the nib is a bit like a felt tip, and like a felt tip you have to be careful not to wear the colour out!

I applied the pen in very fine little strokes, colouring in like a kid with a crayon wouldn't make for a good look. Gradually I managed to fill my eyebrows in a bit more to make them a little bit more compact, and to give them more shape.

Whilst the colour is a dark brown when colouring onto my eyebrows it seemed to match in and made them almost a black colour (but it didn't look odd)

As for semi-permanent well I'm not sure I can agree with that. A day after applying the pen I can't say they're as filled in as they were yesterday but you can still see a bit of the marking. However the pen doesn't take very long to apply and is very easy to use so applying everyday shouldn't be too much of a problem.

A nice little product that helps to make your eyebrows the real feature of your face.

You can buy brow ink for £22 off Cosmetics A La Carte
                                                               Before
                                                                    After


Advantages
  • This brow filler is cheaper then going for a eyebrow dye at a salon
  • Easy to use
  • Offers nice shape and colouring once used
Disadvantages
  • Slightly pricey
  • May dry out easily, especially if the lid is left off!





SHARE:

1 comment

Anonymous said...

What a difference!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig