Monday 7 May 2012

New CId cosmetics I-Colour Cobalt Eyeshadow



New CId I-Colour in Cobalt is a deep royal blue eyeshadow that goes fantastic as evening wear makeup.

The packaging was a lot larger then I'd expect for a eyeshadow which gives the impression that the product will be very long lasting.

Initially from the look of the eyeshadow in the packaging I thought it was a powder eyeshadow but to my surprise it was actually a cream shadow. I'm not a huge fan of cream eyeshadows due to the fact that they come off so easily but every product deserves a chance to get a fair review.

The eyeshadow felt like mousse to the touch and it took a few attempts to get the eyeshadow fully on my eyelid as I felt the layering was too thin on the first application.

The overall effect of the eyeshadow is quite smooth and shiny but there is slight transparency as some of the product rubs off. I felt that the applied colour is also slightly deceiving as it is a lot lighter then it appears in the packaging. For a evening out the Colbat eyeshadow will go well with a coral pink lipgloss and subtle face makeup.


Advantages
  • Good eyeshadow for a night out
  • Large container so the product will last a long time
Disadvantages
  • Colour applies quite light
  • Even after several applications the eyeshadow is still very light

SHARE:

2 comments

Hazel Christopher said...

Such a shame the colour isn't stronger :(

T90Kate said...

I love New CID makeup especially the i-glow the colours are amazing! I got mine from Hairtrade as it seems to be the cheapest place at the moment.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig