Monday 29 February 2016

Bourjois Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick in Plum Russian Review



The Hype
Bourjois Color Boost is a lip crayon with a difference. It has a melting formula that leaves lips moisturised whilst adding a subtle veil of colour.

The crayon has silk extract for added comfort whilst the hydration keeps lips moisturised for up to 10 hours.

There are 9 shades available to try, and they all have SPF 15 to avoid unnecessary sunburns to your lips. Shades vary from a baby pink to a dark brown and there is bound to be a colour that you like.

The Lowdown
For the purpose of the review I am testing Bourjois Color Boost in Plum Russian. I got this shade free as part of a offer on Boots but I did like the shade. It's a dark maroon colour that is quite different to my normal red. It has a really lovely smell, almost cherry vanilla like.

The product is very moisturising and applied really smoothly with no resistance at all. I did feel the colour transfer was very limited though and it gave me the impression that it is more of a lip balm than a lipstick. My lips felt really moisturised and were really glossy.

I was expecting more of a colour impact so I was disappointed in that aspect but it makes lips feel soft and so moisturised. If you tend to have chapped lips a lot then you will love this product as it makes your lips feel so comfortable.

I give it 3/5

Get it for £7.99 here 

Advantages
  • Available in 9 shades with a tone that is suitable for most tastes
  • Gorgeous smell
  • Leaves lips feeling and looking really moisturised
  • Really easy to apply and glides on with ease
Disadvantages
  • I am disappointed with the overall colour transfer as I was expecting a stronger colour


SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig