Thursday 21 July 2016

Maybelline NY Bricks Bronzer in Blondes Review

maybelline ny bricks bronzer blondes

What the brand says
Even if the sun doesn't shine this Summer Maybelline has it in hand with their NY Bricks bronzer. Whilst most bronzers and highlighters come separately Maybelline has combined them in one compact to give a warm glow.

The palette is available in one shade Blonde.

maybelline new york brick bronzer in blondes review
The Lowdown
I saw this and thought it was so cute with the delicate multicoloured shimmer bricks. The shimmer bricks have fabulous glitter pigmentation and even the bronzer has quite a bit of sparkle within it. Strangely enough the product has the most amazing perfumed smell which is quite unusual to find in most cosmetics.

The bronzer is quite a light tan brown so doesn't look too dark when applied. The shimmer bricks are very pigmented although the two lightest shades, the gold and pink are quite light. The gold bronze shimmer is the strongest and has quite intense pigmentation. When I applied the shimmer I swirled all the colours into one. The result was quite a muted version of the strongest gold/brown shimmer and it leaves a lovely sheen on my skin. I applied the bronzer on my forehead, under my cheekbones, along the side of my nose and on the side of my jaw. It really warmed my face up without making it look too dark and it looked like I had a lovely glow from catching the sun.

A lovely little product that does exactly what it claims to, it gives you a lovely glow without having to resort to burning yourself in the sun!

I give it 4/5

Grab it for £7.99 at Superdrug

Advantages
  • You get a bronzer and shimmer in one so effectively you get double for your money
  • Leaves skin looking bronzed with a lovely glow
  • The shimmer bricks can be used separately or together for different looks
  • The bronzer isn't too dark so it's good for fair skin
Disadvantages
  • Surprisingly there is only one shade so there's not much choice for variation in your look
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig