Wednesday 6 July 2016

Seventeen Let's Face It Palette in Fair Review

seventeen lets face it palette review

What the brand says
Seventeen is on hand to help you improve your complexion with their Seventeen Let's Face It kit. With two concealers, a compact powder and a blush this compact has everything you'll need to get your face on point.

The palette is available in two shades, fair and medium.

The Lowdown
I have tried many concealers in my makeup journey, and the most recent was the Bourjois Radiance concealer which I did really like. I'm always up for trying something new however and this compact has been begging to be used for a little while now!

I like the amount of product available in the palette and its small shape means it'll fit easily into your overstuffed makeup bag. The palette has a pink toned concealer, a yellow toned concealer, setting powder and a rose cream blush. I'm hoping that the concealers work together to cancel themselves out and completely conceal any blemishes. The palette also comes with a mirror and a small double sided brush. This palette is currently only available in two shades both are which are more aimed at fairer skins. Those who are abit darker probably won't be able to use this which is a little unfair.

seventeen lets face it palette in fair swatch
I tried the pink and yellow toned concealer together and contrasted it with the yellow toned concealer on its own to see if I'd get a different result. I felt the results were fairly similar although the yellow toned concealer seemed a lot lighter on its own. Obviously I want my blemishes to be concealed and not highlighted so applying the two shades together appears to work better.  The enclosed brush although not amazing was good at getting into the small areas around the eye and apply the concealer and powder. I was quite impressed with the finish I got by using the two concealers and the powder and my dark circles were really well concealed. Initially the finish is quite nice but as time passes it comes a little cakey and then gradually the concealer fades away. I would say it lasts around 4-5 hours.





I applied the blusher with my fingers so the warmth of my skin would help it to blend easier. It didn't take too much blending and I love the really natural rosey finish I get. It doesn't even leave that nasty thick cream residue you can get with some cream blushers.

At £5.99 it's pretty reasonably priced especially considering the amount of products you get in the one palette. The products don't last forever but that's to be expected with most products.

I give it 3/5

Get it for £5.99 at Boots

Advantages

  • Comes with a mirror and a small brush so it's good for travelling
  • Has a concealer, powder and blusher in one so you can save space in your makeup bag when travelling
  • Cream blusher blends quite well and gives a lovely rosey glow
Disadvantages
  • Has very limited shades
  • The yellow toned concealer is too light to use on its own
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig