Tuesday 18 April 2017

Benefit Galifornia blusher review

benefit galifornia blusher review

What the brand says
If you want the look of a California gal without having to pay the price tag - Galifornia blusher is what you've been dreaming of. The new blusher mixes a pink blusher with shimmering gold to create a sunny, warm look that you get from soaking up the California rays.

The Lowdown
I saw this on the Boots website the other day and fell in love. Benefit have really come up trumps with Galifornia blush, creating a design that looks gorgeous inside and out. They've also included a round blush brush and a mirror so you can apply on the go.

benefit galifornia blusher design

benefit galifornia blusher finger swatch

Inside the blusher is a unique sun design that has been inspired by vintage California surfer girls. The colour is really soft and I love the gold that's running through the blusher. I tried it on my finger initially and was amazed at the strong iridescent gold that runs throughout the peach, the gold was so strong it really reminded me more of a highlighter. When swatched properly on my wrist however the blusher seemed a lot lighter and didn't appear to have the gold running through it. The blusher has notes of grapefruit and vanilla running through it which makes it smell amazing!

benefit galifornia blusher swatch

When I applied the blusher to my face I did feel the colouring was quite light and it did take quite a lot of product to get  my desired look. The blusher is buildable so if you do prefer just a dab of blush this will work really well for you. When I first put the blusher on my finger the colour was really strong so I was surprised by the colour pay off  when  using the blusher normally. I didn't think the gold in the blusher really came through on my face either.

Overall a blusher that smells amazing, looks amazing but a little bit disappointing when it comes to colour payoff. As I mentioned earlier if you prefer a very low key look this is the blusher for you.

I give it 3/5

Get it for £24.50 at John Lewis

wearing benefit galifornia blusher

Advantages

  • Smells simply amazing
  • Buildable colour
  • Beautiful colours with a mixture of rose and gold
  • Perfect if you prefer your makeup not to be too obvious

Disadvantages

  • The colour pay off is quite poor and you have to apply quite a lot of the blusher to get a really visible effect
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig