Wednesday 14 June 2017

Get back to nature with Essie's Wild Nudes collection

essie wild nudes collection

What the brand says
It's time to reacquaint yourself with nature with the release of Essie's latest collection - Wild Nudes. The new collection is inspired by nature and is a modern take on neutral shades.

The new collection has taken traditional nude shades and redefined them to make them stand out more. Included in Wild Nudes are:

  • Bare with me - a apricot tone with a grey cast
  • Exposed - A mossy green with a slight white overcast
  • Clothing optional - A sienna brown that's a little lighter than traditional sienna
  • Winning Streak - a dark purple with a greyish tone

The Lowdown
Typically I go for glossy pinks or gold nail polish shades so the Wild Nudes collection gives me the opportunity to try something new.

The formula of the nail varnishes was pretty thick so I only really needed one layer for full coverage of my nails. They had a gorgeous glossy gel like finish which was so shiny I could see my reflection in it. Exposed, Bare With Me and Clothing Optional all had really wide brushes which made applying the varnish really easy, however Winning Streak had a really thin brush which I thought was odd, especially as it came from the same collection.

The polishes dried pretty quickly so I didn't have to spend ages trying to get it to dry. In terms of longevity I was pretty impressed, they lasted a good few days before chips started to appear. The colours in the collection are  quite understated so can easily be dressed up or dressed down depending on the occasion. Whilst these are shades  I wouldn't normally choose I adore the amazing salon like finish that cost little more than a  fiver.

I give the range 4/5

wearing essie wild nudes collection

Grab the shades Exposed, Bare With Me and Clothing Optional for £7.99 at Superdrug

Advantages

  • Gorgeous salon like gel finish
  • Dries quickly
  • New take on the nude look
  • The polishes last quite a few days before chipping

Disadvantages

  • The colours in the range are quite selective and may not be your cup of tea
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig