Monday 24 July 2017

Get maximum volume with Maybelline Colossal Big Shot mascara

get maximum volume with maybelline colossal big shot mascara

What the brand says
Maybelline introduces Colossal Big Shot, a mascara designed with a collagen enriched formula to give massive volume from root to tip.

The Lowdown
With the mascara promising intense volume I popped it in my basket quicker than you could say must buy. It's been receiving rave reviews, but is it as good as everyone claims!?

The mascara is quite premium looking with a stylish metallic gold tube. It has a long bristle brush with bristles that are tapered to fit the length of your lashes. The brush is loaded with product but not to the extent that it's gloopy. To get the maximum effect I did go for a few layers. My natural lashes are very flat and quite fair so I'm always looking for a mascara that can give my lashes maximum impact. After the first layer my lashes were lifted and lengthened with a small amount of volume. As I added a few more layers I found that my lashes looked quite dramatic but they did start to clump. Whilst there was some clumpiness my lashes still felt fairly soft and there wasn't any crispiness. The formula was kind to my eyes and didn't scratch or irritate.

maybelline colossal big shot mascara brush

The mascara stayed put over the course of the day and didn't smudge or fade. A decent mascara that adds a good amount of drama to my lashes. It's not the best mascara in terms of layering but you can get away with one or two layers without it looking too bad.

I give it 4/5

Currently £5.95 at Feel Unique

maybelline colossal big shot mascara before and after

Advantages

  • Adds a fair amount of drama to your lashes that can be seen above eyeliner
  • Great budget buy at under £10
  • Stays put all day
  • Doesn't give you panda eyes

Disadvantages

  • Does tend to clump if you layer it

SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig