Monday 10 July 2017

Make your nails stand out with Essie Gel Couture Gala Bolds

essie gel couture gala bolds

What the brand says 
You spoke and Essie listened - this season they've brought back Essie Gel Couture and it's better than ever with a platinum finish for mirror like shine.

There are five new shades in the collection :

  • Inside Scoop - a rose pink with a slight blue undertone
  • V.I.Please - this deep berry violet with red undertones shade is bound to get people's heads turning 
  • Style Stunner - a bright oubre orange that will have you the centre of attention in no time Sizzling Hot - this unique red shades has a subtle pink undertone to stand out from the rest
  • Front Page Worthy - a dark royal blue with a blue overcast that is the ultimate beauty must have 

The Lowdown
Having recently tried Essie Wild Nudes, a more neutral colour palette then I'm used to, I was excited to try Essie Gel Couture Gala Bolds.

Gala Bolds has been formulated with a unique gel-like formula that has been designed to last without any need for harsh removal. Each shade has a base coat built in and there's a large swirled brush to give the perfect coverage. To complete the look there is a gel top coat so there's no need for lamps to finish the look.

I really like the brush and found that it only really took one sweep to fully cover my nail. The nail varnish formula is quite thick without being gloopy and one coat was enough to cover up my nail for most of the shades.I love how intense Front Page Worthy looks in the bottle but it seems to lose its power when applied to my nail. I also needed two coats to avoid it looking too faint. Inside Scoop is also really pale and needs two coats to avoid my nail peeping through. Whilst the colours of the new collection are lovely I'm really disappointed with the finish - the varnish quickly creased and chips appeared the same day I applied it. I used a gel topcoat so I'm surprised that my nails ended up like this.

essie gel couture gala bolds v.i.pleaseessie gel couture gala bolds style stunneressie gel couture gala bolds sizzling hotessie gel couture gala bolds front page worthyessie gel couture gala bolds inside scoop

I give the nail varnishes 2/5

essie gel couture gala bolds collection

Grab Front Page Worthy, Inside Scoop, Sizzling Hot, Style Stunner  and V.I.Please for £9.99 at Superdrug

Advantages

  • Gorgeous colours
  • Thick brush means you can coat your nail in one swipe
  • The varnish is thick without being gloopy so you can cover your nail in pretty much one layer

Disadvantages

  • The formula quickly creases and chips


SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig