Saturday 9 January 2010

Snow driving...

As I'm sure you're all aware driving on snow is very different to driving in normal conditions. You have to stop earlier, be aware of the nutters around you who don't realise there is any snow and account for sliding back down icy hills. In every snow situation there are several key maneouvres everyone will have done at some point. My list includes the following:

Key Maneouvres:

  • Donuts= 0
  • Skids=Numerous, especially on last Wednesday's onset of bad snow blizzards
  • Near accidents=1 - shooting out of a junction in the early hours of the morning
  • Wheel spins=Several - going up icy hills and reversing out of my drive in the snow before Xmas
  • Road closures=0 but I did get stuck on the M2 for half hour whilst they dug out a lorry.
With more snow forecast these figures can only increase!
What are your experiences??
SHARE:

5 comments

Anonymous said...

I have a 4 x 4 it rocks my world.

Exovolt said...

I thought my Clio could handle anything, but this snow showed it who's boss.

Magic Pool Services said...

Dont need driving tips for snow in ORLANDO FL (LOL)

Just kidding

Great Blog, Keep up the good work.

Ron said...

Hi!

Just wanted to say thank you for stopping by my blog earlier today - it was nice meeting you.

The nice thing about living in a city, is that I no longer have a car - yipee! However, when I did own one, driving in snow was not fun. I noticed you were from Kent. I have a dear friend who also lives there.

Keep on blogging!

kathcake said...

hello all,

thanks for leaving your comments, I do read them all. I do enjoy driving but driving in blizzards isn't big on my fun list! lol

Blogger Template Created by pipdig